Become a Member Today!
CIP4 is an open standards association whose mission is to foster automation in the printing industry. Founded in Switzerland and with offices in Germany, the CIP4 organization is a worldwide organization with members from over 30 countries.
To become a member, simply download CIP4 Membership Application, fill in the form and send the printed and signed form to:
63739 Aschaffenburg, Germany
CIP4 has three primary classes of membership: Partner, Full and Associate. If a company sells software or JDF-enabled systems of any type, they are only eligible for Full ($2,000 USD/year) or Partner ($10,000 USD/year.)
Printers, publishers, prepress services, consultants, distributors and integrators are afforded a significantly discounted rate on membership ($175 USD/year). The founders of CIP4 agreed that the input of printers, publishers and prepress services is critical to the success of CIP4 and its standards; hence, the significant discount.
Institutes that are active in education such as schools, colleges and universities can apply for free education membership. The education membership applies to both staff and students. Education membership is equivalent to Associate membership with the membership fee waived.
Membership is organizational and all staff can get CIP4 password accounts. All members have access to a number of benefits, and one of which can easily justify the cost of annual dues:
- Full access to member working groups, documents, sample code, tools, CIP4 Wiki, and CIP4 draft specification and work in progress
- Participation at CIP4 Interoperability testing events, held twice per year at locations hosted by member companies
- Use of the “CIP4 Member” and “JDF:Profit Smartly” logos on marketing materials, product packaging and websites
- Free listings in the JDF Integration Matrix, published online and in print at major tradeshows
- Eligibility for CIP4 leadership positions, including Advisory Board, Board of Directors, and working group chair and vice-chair positions.
- Free opportunity to include your JDF-related press releases, case studies, and white papers on the CIP4 website, which will also be included in the electronic newsletter distributed to members and others on a worldwide distribution list.
- Participation in members-only cooperative trade show programs designed to cost-effectively feature member solutions at major trade shows.
- Access to archives of all JDF documents, presentations, email threads and more - allows you to track down issues and answers.
- For your marketing contacts that subscribe to the JDF_Marketing list, notice on unique and often one-time marketing opportunities.
In addition to the above, there are a few benefits that are uniquely meaningful to Full and Partner members, such as:
- Full and Partner Members may market products that are built using the CIP4 JDF SDKs, including those for C++, .Net, and Java.
- Discounts on JDF Product Certification that are 50% less than non-member Product Certification pricing
Partner members receive all of the above benefits plus:
- A guaranteed seat on CIP4’s Advisory Board, it’s highest level governing body.
- Identification as an industry leader and recognition as a partner level member on the CIP4 website, in the JDF Bulletin, on all publications and standards, and in special promotions, such as editions of the Production Automation News which is circulated to attendees of major international tradeshows.
Of course, like any association, the return on your investment in CIP4 membership will depend on your level of participation and the number of staff that get involved in the areas of activity that most interest them. However, if JDF is in your business plan, the decision to pay the dues in exchange for all of the above benefits should be a no-brainer; it's a great deal.
If you have questions regarding CIP4 membership benefits feel free to contact either Dr. Mark Bohan of Heidelberg USA and CIP4 Membership Officer, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact CIP4 Secretariat via email at email@example.com.